Veterans Employment Support Across Southeast Minnesota
Workforce Development, Inc. (WDI) is ready to help veterans across Southeast Minnesota find meaningful employment. Veterans will receive free, individualized, one-on-one support to find, obtain, and maintain new work.
WDI professionals are also well versed in other Southeast Minnesota programs and resources. Count on us to help you navigate the opportunities available to you so you can get the best help quickly.
Salute Southern MN Veterans Network
WDI coordinates Salute Southern MN, a regional program that exists to serve the local community of active duty soldiers, guard members, reservists, veterans, and their families. It’s a network of employers, educators, nonprofits, and support services designed to help this community thrive in the workplace and beyond. Specific offerings include:
- Networking events. Meet real employers and make connections.
- On-going career advancement. Engage with employers in the career fields that you’re interested in.
- Mentorship. Need a little more help in navigating career, family, and life challenges? We can pair you with mentors who have been there, done that, and want to help.
Individualized WDI Services
In addition to the veteran- and service member-specific Salute program, WDI offers many services to help you find and maintain meaningful employment. Our Career Planners customize plans for every client. Veterans employment services can include:
- Assessment for marketable skills. A Career Planner will meet with you one-on-one to help you determine your marketable skills in the Southeast Minnesota labor market. Get help translating your military experience for civilian hiring managers and HR departments.
- Career planning. Not sure where to head next after the military? A WDI Career Planner can help you think through your goals, skills, and experience. Our knowledge of the local labor market can also help you identify opportune industries in which to forge a new career.
- Job search and application help. WDI holds regular job search workshops, helping individuals create resumes and applications that catch the attention of employers.
- Other support services. Sometimes just having help getting to work can make the difference for success at a new job. WDI can help with that and much more. Whatever your unique situation, WDI experts are ready to assist.
Veterans Network Taskforce: Skills Translators and Resources
|Military Skills Translator
|Military to Civilian Occupation Translator
|Career One Stop
|Military Skills Translator
|Military Crosswalk Search
|What do you want to do for a living?
|My Next Move
|Private Security Jobs
Connect with Workforce Development Today
Interested in the Salute Southern MN program? Or looking for individualized veterans employment services from WDI? Don’t hesitate to call or stop by the nearest WDI office today. WDI is ready to meet you where you are and help get you where you want to go.